All Songs Written by Ray Davies.
Arranged and Produced by Ray Davies.
Lead Vocals, Guitars, Piano, Backing Vocals, Percussion, Spoken Word, Dropped Beer Glasses and Broken Tea Cups
- Guy Massey Co-Producer
- John Jackson Co-Producer
- Bill Shanley Acoustic Guitars, Electric Guitars, Backing Vocals
- Gary Louris Acoustic Guitars, Electric Guitars, Backing Vocals
- Marc Perlman Bass, Backing Vocals
- Tim O'Reagan Drums, Backing Vocals, Percussion
- Karen Grotberg Piano, Keyboards, Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals
- John Jackson Mandolin, Violin, Acoustic Guitars, Electric Guitars, 12-String Guitar, Backing Vocals, Percussion
Ian Gibbons: Hammond Organ, Accordion, Piano
Kraig Jarrett Johnson: Electric Guitar on "A Long Drive Home To Tarzana" and "Wings Of Fantasy"
Melvin Duffy: Pedal Steel on "Americana"
Andrea Grant and Lorraine Cato: Backing Vocals on "Poetry" and "The Great Highway"
Richard Causon: Harmonium on "Mystery Room"
Paul White: Drums on "I’ve Heard That Beat Before"
Ian Jennings: Double Bass on "I’ve Heard That Beat Before"
Ben Waters: Piano on "I’ve Heard That Beat Before"
Ray Davies and The Shadowmen: Backing Vocals on "I’ve Heard That Beat Before"
Paul Clarvis: Percussion
Strings on "Poetry", "Message From The Road" and "A Place In Your Heart"
Violin I: Everton Nelson
Violin II: Kate Robinson
Viola: Bruce White
Cello: Ian Burdge
String Arrangement: Sally Herbert
Brass on "The Mystery Room" and "The Great Highway"
Trumpet: Ben Edwards
Saxophone: Steve Hamilton
Trombone: Mike Kearsey
Brass Arrangement: Sally Herbert